1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VapeHaven!
    If you like it here you can always register and become a part of the community :-)
  3. Good day Guest. The current Admin/Mod team are not getting to participate actively on the forum as we would want to, and the community deserves more than that. If you are an energetic, passionate vaper who can drive quality content(!!!), keep some order (not that we enforce any rules really :)) and would like to become part of the VH Team, please send me a PM. Papa OUT!

Vapecon 2016 - What did you think?

Discussion in 'Vape Events' started by PapaSmurf, Aug 29, 2016.

1. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Bringer of Calm ... Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +1,391 / 251 / -3
    So Vapecon 2016 happened on the 27th of August, and from what I've seen and heard, it looked to be an absolute jol ... Who was there, and what did you think of the event?

2. baksteen8168

baksteen8168 Useful Idiot Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    Wasn't there personally, but heard from a good friend that it was good. Needs to iron out some niggles, like proper ventilation, the fact that there was only one food stall and not enough hydration, and also the fact that people who bought tickets online and well in advance had to wait much longer to get in then those buying tickets in advance.

Vendor lines were also crazy, but that isn't the organizers fault

3. Moonunit

Moonunit Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +65 / 6 / -0
    Also wasnt there personally, it seems the one and only food stall was a major issue, this is not a go at the organizers and I do understand they took on a major task, but did no one wonder how one food stall would feed 1000-3000 people?

Just wish they would bring a similar event to Cape Town, it may be smaller than the JHB one but the organizers would also be able to fine tune certain things on a somewhat smaller scale.

• Like Like x 1
  4. baksteen8168

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    I think Cape Town (and durbs for that matter) is LONG overdue for one of these events

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Active Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 82 / -0
    I agree, we need something like that here. I am just not currently able to organise anything :p Bit busy with a behind scene project. . . .

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Moonunit

Moonunit Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +65 / 6 / -0
    Maybe a Vape Haven Con should be on the cards for us poor Cape Town people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. baksteen8168

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    If the traffic she comes to this site, then Hell yes... ;)

8. Frank Zef

Frank Zef Made you look! Vendor

Ratings:
    +267 / 26 / -0
    Vapecon 2016 was good, a very big improvement over the 2015 event.
    All the vendors have seemed to up their game and it was impressive to see what the ZA vape scene has become.
    On venue side, I would have preferred some more food/beverage type stalls.

Some "Vapecon only" exclusive products would have been nice. I looked at 90% of the stands and there was nothing really that I could not buy online and have delivered to my house. I would have liked to walk away with some things that showed that I was at Vapecon.
    I did get an Opus t-shirt, which was the gift for buying two or more bottles of juice at the 'con ( wearing it now )

I can't wait to see what Vapecon 2017 brings and will be supporting the event.

• Awesome Awesome x 1
  9. Fog Monsters Inc

Fog Monsters Inc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    VapeCon was a great success in the chill of winter. What do you all say about a steamy summer Vape Con?
    Fog Monsters Inc