1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VapeHaven!
    If you like it here you can always register and become a part of the community :-)
  3. Good day Guest. The current Admin/Mod team are not getting to participate actively on the forum as we would want to, and the community deserves more than that. If you are an energetic, passionate vaper who can drive quality content(!!!), keep some order (not that we enforce any rules really :)) and would like to become part of the VH Team, please send me a PM. Papa OUT!

Vape Wire Information - Building Coils

Discussion in 'General' started by Sankhya, Jan 20, 2016.

1. nemo

nemo Agg sommer maar net

Ratings:
    +356 / 44 / -0
    Checked that twice last night also used it for a while and tightened down everything again. It looks like the ramp up speed is the problem. Working on assumption here without knowing the code they are using but it looks like when the coils are cold the time its taking to ramp up and the changes the chip expects to see is not there. I will test this tonight as vaping in an open plan office is a no no for me even though they said its ok the clouds from the rdta may annoy some.

So what I'll do is let it cool down tonight and then run in tc mode and see if it holds and behaves and tc works as advertised if it drops out I will have a few toots in watt mode then go back to tc mode when the coils are nice and warm and see if it behaves like it is now.

I will reflash if i still have issues after that but so far the device has behaved well till this point so I don't want to change too many things and then not know what the issue was if I get the results I expect.

2. Aeon

Aeon DNA Coils

Ratings:
    +41 / 16 / -0
    That sounds like a plan. Also make sure you lock in your ohms at room temp. It's quite cold in jhb today so maybe try lock ohm at current temp and see.
    Nice that you can vape in your offices, and you're a very responsible vapor for not wanting to bug anyone.
    If all else fails I think it's time for a RX :D

3. LeonRSA

LeonRSA Active Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 58 / -0
    Tighten the connectors...

4. nemo

nemo Agg sommer maar net

Ratings:
    +356 / 44 / -0
    @LeonRSA they are as tight a nuns ..... I have checked them about 5 times and the build deck and 510 base plate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. nemo

nemo Agg sommer maar net

Ratings:
    +356 / 44 / -0
    When I have a good divorce lawyer I will get one, I have been threatened with all sorts that enough is enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. LeonRSA

LeonRSA Active Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 58 / -0
    Maybe the advice above, if you haven't tried it yet?;)

Or...don't try to fix what ain't broke, pardner:)

7. Aeon

Aeon DNA Coils

Ratings:
    +41 / 16 / -0
    Just say the same for the clothes and shoes :eek:

8. Fog Monsters Inc

Fog Monsters Inc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    5 types of wire used for vaping
    1. kanthal - this is the honda civic coil in my opinion
    2. nickel-nichorome is fast heat up kanthal.
    3. nichrome- If you want to step up from Kanthal then Nichrome would be your choice.
    4.titanium- this is apopular and advance type wire and work wonderful temperature control mods.
    5.stainless steel- just like this titanium http://fogmonstersinc.com/