1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VapeHaven!
    If you like it here you can always register and become a part of the community :-)
  3. Good day Guest. The current Admin/Mod team are not getting to participate actively on the forum as we would want to, and the community deserves more than that. If you are an energetic, passionate vaper who can drive quality content(!!!), keep some order (not that we enforce any rules really :)) and would like to become part of the VH Team, please send me a PM. Papa OUT!

Smok Cube II

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Mark, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Mark

Mark Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    Just got my MvM prize of the Smok Cube II + TFV4 Tank. :D

First impressions: very solid / heavy. Feels of quality, but better make sure you're wearing a belt on your jeans if you're planning on pocketing it :p

Love the screen and LED controls. Left my phone at home today so can't install the app and play with the bluetooth stuff, but keen to do that later tonight.

Went straight for the RBA option.. Wicked it up and used it a bit (14 puffs to be exact).. Super simple and lovely flavour.

Very keen to try TC mode, so going to have to organise some nickel/titanium wire etc so I can start playing with that.

Anyone else own one of these devices? Tips/tricks? Also with regards nickel/titanium builds... Are there any nuances to the wire that I should be aware of, or is building with it, just like building with kanthal?

Thanks again to VH for this epic prize :D

• Awesome Awesome x 2
  2. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
  3. Kelevra

Kelevra Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +542 / 164 / -2
    Glad you enjoying it dude.. and all thanks are due to #skyblue @Melinda @Derick for that awesome gear.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    Shyte... So on my iStick, I normally run my dripper at around 70w or so, depending on the juice.

50w on the Smok is hot as moer... Is such a discrepancy normal? It mean that the iStick is likely not at the power it's saying it is?

5. BhavZ

BhavZ Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 30 / -0
    The xCube is a series box so the power delivery would be more

plus the xcube is more accurate device in comparison imo

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    Aaaah ok, that's an interesting fact. So the parallel iStick at 85w, is not as powerful as the series Smok at 85w...

Makes perfect sense.

Thank you sir :)

• Awesome Awesome x 1
  7. BhavZ

BhavZ Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 30 / -0
    Yeah, my understanding is that in parallel the voltage delivery is the same as that of a single battery, i.e. 4.2v fully charged and in series the voltage is doubled, i.e. 8.4v on a full charge.

8. baksteen8168

baksteen8168 Useful Idiot Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    There is also a "power delivery" mode. Should show the following on screen:

MIN
    SOFT
    NORM
    HARD
    MAX

In unlocked mode, Push the fire button and - to change between these settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. baksteen8168

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
  10. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    Thanks, will go through that thread. That power delivery mode, from what I gather, is how 'hard' it pushes up to that wattage.. IE the power curve from 0 to x.

11. baksteen8168

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    Correct. I mostly use Soft or Norm for tanks and the higher settings on drippers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. nemo

nemo Agg sommer maar net

Ratings:
    +356 / 44 / -0
    Just one bit of advice is Wrap the bugger (mod) unless they have changed the finish on the product it scratches real easy. I have marks that looks like the finish has been "eaten" away. Other than that I love this mod and I recently got my hands on the TFV4. My coils are still in the box. I love the RBA and the flavor and vapor is just mmmmmm..

Congrats and enjoy the setup I think the only downsides is as you stated, it is a heavy setup and the finish that damages so easily.

13. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    Thanks @nemo. Pretty 'light' with my devices, so won't worry with a cover just yet :)

Those who have one of these... Have you tried the tricoil head yet? Am I missing something?.... primed it, filled it, let it sit for 10 minutes... tastes like ass... Zero flavor... like zero :/

14. nemo

nemo Agg sommer maar net

Ratings:
    +356 / 44 / -0
    What power you have it set on that tricoil I think starts at about 40W or so I have heard people say 40w - 140W is the range !! cant comment as I have not used any of the coils yet..

15. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Bringer of Calm ... Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +1,391 / 251 / -3
    Tri-coil you need to fire at at least 80W (I use mine at 90W). Quad coil I use at 120W. RBA base with home made Clapton at 70W.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    I think I had it at 50w... got a slight burnt taste so didn't want to push it higher in case it wasn't primed correctly or something and was burning the cotton...

Letting it rest a bit more and then will up the wattage to 80 or so and see..

17. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    upped to 80w now, chain vaped and shockingly quickly emptied a tank of cookies and cream and still nothing.. its like the juice flavor is fighting to come out but its being overwhelmed by the 'stock' blechness of those coils.

Think I'll go back to the RBA for now.. Don't wanna waste anymore great juice :p

• Good Luck Good Luck x 1
  18. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    Ya I'm not having heaps of luck with this tank so far. Was really excited for it but now I'm left kinda meh about it...

First thing I did was setup the RBA... tasted delicious, lots of clouds etc.. was happy. 20 minutes later I picked it up to vape again and juice had poured out the bottom airflow holes.. massive flooding...

Stripped it, rinsed it out.. dried it and put in the tricoil... My experience was as described above. Blech.

Rewicked the RBA now... used slightly less cotton.. IE didn't have a lot of cotton down into the channels like I did the first time... No leaking so far, but pissy little clouds and very little flavour... Cold vape... Tried upping the watts to 130, burnt hit...

Driptip airflow is closed.

Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong but right now I'm not sure what it is... So I'll just stick to my velocity RDA for now..

19. Mark

Ratings:
    +566 / 96 / -0
    So confused..

I've barely played/changed settings on the mod... Earlier, 50w seemed like overkill on my dripper... hella hot. Now, 50w barely did anything.. Had to up it to 95w to get it to start vaping...

Am I being really doff here?

20. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Bringer of Calm ... Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +1,391 / 251 / -3
    @Mark, do you have 2 new batteries in there?