1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VapeHaven!
    If you like it here you can always register and become a part of the community :-)
  3. Good day Guest. The current Admin/Mod team are not getting to participate actively on the forum as we would want to, and the community deserves more than that. If you are an energetic, passionate vaper who can drive quality content(!!!), keep some order (not that we enforce any rules really :)) and would like to become part of the VH Team, please send me a PM. Papa OUT!

IVOGO Velocity Quad Kanthal VapoWire Coil Build

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Redeemer, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Redeemer

Redeemer "The Collector"

Ratings:
    +119 / 10 / -0
    I finally decided to go all out on the Velocity's build, seeing how far behind I was looking at the clouds blown at The Lungbrewery's Launch over at @thelungbrewery

Bought the Velovity from SirVape : Big thanx to @Sir Vape and @BigGuy for the awesome service as is their norm.
    http://www.sirvape.co.za/collection...ocity-free-bottom-feeder-attachment-rda-clone

I made spaced coils as per this thread,
    http://www.vapehaven.co.za/lounge/threads/easy-spaced-coils.279/
    Cotton that was used, is described in this thread:
    http://www.vapehaven.co.za/lounge/threads/cheap-cotton-alternative.280/
    Made two sets of coils, giving me four identical spaced coils.
    Used a 3mm ID, 26G VapoWire (From @KieranD @ Vape Cartel) A1 Kanthal, eight wraps per coil. This landed me at around 0.25 Ohms after fiddling and placing each coil where I wanted them to be.

Ok, time for the Pics!

First up, the line up of newly wrapped coils:
    [​IMG]

Fitted first pair of coils to see if I judged the space correctly in my mind, before I assemble the entire rig:
    [​IMG]

And YUP, four coils fit PERFECTLY in the Velocity!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up, test fires in a dimly lit room, to check for hotspots, and adjust coils as needed:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Threading cotton was fun to do on this one:
    [​IMG]

Cut the wicks to length, juiced them up, and tucked them down to the juice well. Worked out pretty good:
    [​IMG]

And Finally, VAPE time! Worked like a charm on the Sig 100w Plus, started on 50w, increased to 60w, then 70w, finally maxed out at 100w. Coils behaved well, no cotton burning, and at every wattage increase, the clouds just became larger and denser.
    [​IMG]

Will go whip out the Sig 150w tonight, and see what I can push this build up to, before it becomes too much.

And as always...

Vape On, and Vape STRONG!!! :anirock::anirock::anirock:

• Like Like x 4
    • Awesome Awesome x 2
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. baksteen8168

baksteen8168 Useful Idiot Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    Very informative build. Well done!

3. fractious

fractious Admin