1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VapeHaven!
    If you like it here you can always register and become a part of the community :-)
  3. Good day Guest. The current Admin/Mod team are not getting to participate actively on the forum as we would want to, and the community deserves more than that. If you are an energetic, passionate vaper who can drive quality content(!!!), keep some order (not that we enforce any rules really :)) and would like to become part of the VH Team, please send me a PM. Papa OUT!

Interview - AlleyCat Vapes

Discussion in 'Vape Media' started by baksteen8168, Dec 3, 2015.

1. baksteen8168

baksteen8168 Useful Idiot Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    Vape Haven : Who are you and where are you based?
    AlleyCat Vapes : We are a couple - one ex-smoker, and one non-smoker - based in Midrand.
    AlleyCat Vapes (Alley) : I work as internal sales for an importer by day. I started smoking at 14, and have been vaping exclusively since August 2015. I tried e-cigarettes in the past (about 4-5 years back), but they didn't work for me. It was only about 18 months back when our best friends started vaping. They convinced me to try vaping, gave me my first device, and the rest is stink-free history!
    AlleyCat Vapes (Raithlin) : I am a software developer by trade, and vape evangelist by night. ;) I recognised the potential of vaping (it wasn't called that) back when e-cigarettes hit the scene, but obviously the industry still needed to mature. I have never smoked, and picked up vaping socially only very recently, mostly to be able to share my own experience when helping others quit. That said, I enjoy the vaping experience, and the vibe that goes with it.

VH : Why did you get into the retailing side of Vaping?
    AlleyCat Vapes (Alley) : I always wanted to run my own business - I am passionate about customer service, plus I know that I can help others by doing this. When I saw what a difference vaping made to my own life and that of my friends, I wanted (and still do) to share that with others. It's a struggle to quit smoking, but vaping is so easy to do!
    AlleyCat Vapes (Raithlin) : I don't like having to travel to either Fourways or Centurion/Pretoria to get vaping-related products, be it juice or hardware. Aside from easing that irritation, retail is a side effect of our real mission, which is to get smokers off the "death sticks".

VH : What Vape related products do you specialize in?
    AlleyCat Vapes : We are currently focused on the local e-Liquid manufacturers. There are enough importers out there - we want to support the local guys.

VH : Do you Vape?
    AlleyCat Vapes : Yes, we both vape. The lounge is often cloudy in the evenings as a result. ;)

VH : What type of vaping setup are you using?
    AlleyCat Vapes (Alley) : We have a few devices. My main device is a Kangertech Subox Nano, with a 0.5 ohm coil. I also use a Kangertech Subox Mini (also with the sub-ohm coil setup), and my starter device was a Kloupor Mini 30W with a Arctic tank (05.ohm). We use it mainly to introduce smokers to vaping now.
    AlleyCat Vapes (Raithlin) : My main/only device is an eLeaf iJust2. This thing rocks. I'm already looking to move to a TC setup though.

VH : Can you do any Vape related tricks?
    AlleyCat Vapes (Alley) : Does making big, tasty clouds count? ;)
    AlleyCat Vapes (Raithlin) : I'm working on blowing ship-shapes. That, and I make juice disappear very quickly. :)

VH : What is your current favourite juice?
    AlleyCat Vapes (Alley) : World Wonders' Taj Mahal. Oh, and I'm loving the new Blood Moon Brew from Sky Blue.
    AlleyCat Vapes (Raithlin) : World Wonders' Colosseum. I'm a cookie monster, and putting a peppermint crisp tart into a bottle was always going to get my attention.

VH : What is the weirdest vape related request you have had?
    AlleyCat Vapes : Can you put weed in that? (More common than you think!)

VH : Is AlleyCat Vapes currently sponsoring or helping out the community in any way?
    AlleyCat Vapes (Alley) : At the moment, no. We are just getting started though, and we are keen to get involved.
    AlleyCat Vapes (Raithlin) : There is a bumpy road that may lie ahead for vaping in general, and I want to help smooth that road wherever we as a community are able to.

VH : Is there anything special that AlleyCat Vapes is planning for the future?
    AlleyCat Vapes : We have just started our product of the week campaign, where we put a flavour into the spotlight - and on special - for a week. That will continue indefinitely. We'll also be trying various things in the new year - but we can't talk about that yet. ;) We are also looking to open a walk-in storefront at our house in Noordwyk, and we're hoping to become a nexus for Midrand vapers looking to relax.

VH : Are there any plans on expanding AlleyCat Vapes to other areas or regions?
    AlleyCat Vapes : Not at this stage. Our aim is to focus on Midrand and surrounds, providing a personal experience. That will be our differentiator.

VH : Any other comments or info you would like to add?
    AlleyCat Vapes : We are not looking to get rich quick here - we're in this for the long haul. We are both still in full-time jobs, but our passion is strong, and our way forward is clear. If you want to grab a last-minute topup, or even just want some vaping company, give us a shout. Day or night, if we can help you, we will.

• Awesome Awesome x 3
  2. baksteen8168

baksteen8168 Useful Idiot Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,247 / 438 / -4
    This interview was actually done a while back, but I forgot to post it up as things got a bit busy during that time.

My sincere apologies @Raithlin and @Alley for taking so long in getting it up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kelevra

Kelevra Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +542 / 164 / -2
    Awesome stuff.. Love the down to earth responses and that passion shows through in the replies...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AlleyCat Vapes

AlleyCat Vapes Premium E-Liquid Supplier Vendor

Ratings:
    +159 / 15 / -0
    Thanks, Kelevra. While it may be easy to get started in this industry, it takes something special to gain the trust of the community. Look around - we are fortunate to be amongst some awesome vendors, and we can only hope to live up to the standard set by them. :)

• Like Like x 2