1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VapeHaven!
    If you like it here you can always register and become a part of the community :-)
  3. Good day Guest. The current Admin/Mod team are not getting to participate actively on the forum as we would want to, and the community deserves more than that. If you are an energetic, passionate vaper who can drive quality content(!!!), keep some order (not that we enforce any rules really :)) and would like to become part of the VH Team, please send me a PM. Papa OUT!

Easy Spaced Coils

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Redeemer, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Redeemer

Redeemer "The Collector"

Ratings:
    +119 / 10 / -0
    Howdy All.

So my go-to builds these days are all running spaced dual coils, and me being lazy, decided to try out some tips I read about, try them, and had success!
    Here is how I build my Spaced coils:

Wrap a Parallel Coil using your choice of ID (I just used one of the rods on my Kuro Coiler)
    [​IMG]

Unwrap the two coils from each other, by turning the one out of the other, like a screw.
    [​IMG]

And VOILA, you have two identical, spaced coils!
    [​IMG]

Place them in your chosen RTA (I built my Billow V2)
    [​IMG]

Heat them up to check that they glow from the centre outwards, and heat up evenly.
    [​IMG]

Wick her up.
    [​IMG]

Juice up the wick, fold half the end into the juice channel, brush the rest up against the coil (My method of choice, wicks up with chain vaping, and doesn't leak)
    [​IMG]

Fill up your tank, assemble everything (Dont forget that chimney cap before adding the tank over the coils!)
    [​IMG]

Then Vape on, and Vape Strong!! :anirock::anirock::anirock:

• Awesome Awesome x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fractious

fractious Admin

Ratings:
    +1,582 / 401 / -0
    Very nice tutorial, thanks @Redeemer :clapping:

I can never get the two separated properly with them still being perfectly spaced :disappointed:

When I use this method I usually just pull out one lead completely (grab the end and pull) and repeat the process with another coil - more work, but still quite easy and it works like a charm for nickel too :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gambit

Gambit Making Joose! Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +269 / 116 / -0
    Great idea and awesome tutorial thanks for sharing!

4. CYB3R N1NJ4

CYB3R N1NJ4 The Vaping Ninja

Ratings:
    +155 / 30 / -0
    Will be trying that real soon! Thanks

5. nemo

nemo Agg sommer maar net

Ratings:
    +356 / 44 / -0
    I Usually wind them around a screw with a rough pitch until the last 2 i did, Basically wound the wide apart then squashed it together once and viola. This was on the 24awg kanthal will try it when I rewick the Kayfun and see if i get t same result on the thinner wire.

6. Redeemer

Redeemer "The Collector"

Ratings:
    +119 / 10 / -0
    Have heard about it before, must still get to Builders and get some screws to experiment on.
    Here is a pic from the Net, for illustration on the mentioned method:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2